Doc Update and a new Review!

Well, DocFest was a hoot, but I did not get commissioned. Sigh. So I'm going to try and beg, borrow and possibly steal enough equipment to just keep filming without any financial support while I continue to pitch it to some other places. There was some interest in it, and another doc I started last year is still in development hell (despite having a very respected exec. producer attached), so I guess these things just take time and persistence. As long as I still get the footage I can worry about everything else later!
Some highlights of the festival for me were:
Beats, Rhymes & Life: The travels of a Tribe called Quest (beware the annoying pop up ad on that page)
and Hell and Back Again
Didn't get to see as many films as I'd hoped but I got to go to the Nick Broomfield masterclass which was excellent, learned lots and it gave me a really different understanding of his work. Also, we saw Louis Theroux bumbling about as a regular paying visitor while all the documentary nerds swooned.

Meanwhile, the wonderful anthology book ( 'Spirit of Hope' ) that I contributed to has started getting reviews!

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/06/spirit-of-hope-a-comic-anthology-for-japan-and-new-zealand/

Comments